Old 08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-08-07

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/08/07/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 07 Aug, 2012|20120807
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
Q/omap4: porting of tilt-3.4 [1] on top of Q 3.5 master continues.
The resulting kernel is available here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ppisati/ubuntu-quantal.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti-omap4-tilt-34-on-35
The entire patchset is available at
http://people.canonical.com/~ppisati/ti-omap4-tilt-34-on-35/tilt-3.4/
The "done" directory contains the patches i already ported(1054),
"skipped" contains the patches left for later evaluation(29) and
"already" contains the patches found upstream(59) - so far 1142 out of
1708 patches were handled, work is progressing nicely.
[1]:
http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/andygreen/kernel-tilt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tilt-3.4

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 3 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 4 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-versions-and-flavors || 1 work item ||
|| || desktop-q-clean-old-kernels || 1 work item ||
|| bjf || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| cking || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 4 work items ||
|| tgardner || hardware-q-kernel-misc || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items.

We've recently uploaded the 3.5.0-8.8 Quantal kernel to the release
pocket. This upload includes misc bug fixes, upstream feature enablement
for Intel HW, and a sync of AUFS (even though we plan to keep it
disabled atm). This was also uploaded to the q-lts-backport [1] PPA to
help facilitate testing of the 12.10 kernel in 12.04. We welcome anyone
to please install, test, and let us know your feedback.
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Aug 30 - Beta 1 (~3 weeks)

== 2012-08-07 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 96 CVEs on our radar, with one CVE retired this week.
See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (August 07):

* Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
* Lucid - In Testing; 2 CVEs; (16 commits)
* Natty - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (6 commits)
* Oneiric - In Testing; 2 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (101
commits)
* Precise - In Testing; 3 CVEs; 3 upstream stable release(s); (212
commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

The week of Sept. 6 is the week the last Natty kernel will be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No Open Discussions