Old 08-05-2012, 04:02 AM
YunQiang Su

Default How to bump abi

I modified a little in debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu, and
pbuilder it, while it failed to build due to complain that hash of some symbols
changed.

How can I bump abi or generate new debian.master/abi/?

--
YunQiang Su

Old 08-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Bryan Wu

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM, YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I modified a little in debian.master/config/config.common.ubuntu, and
> pbuilder it, while it failed to build due to complain that hash of some symbols
> changed.
>
> How can I bump abi or generate new debian.master/abi/?

You can find documents here:
"https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelMaintenance"

-Bryan

Old 08-06-2012, 02:16 AM
YunQiang Su

Many thanks. And another question:

1. Run the build with skipabi=true as an argument
by pbuilder --debbuildopts ?
2. I modified debian.master/changelog and debian/changelog to an new
abi, while it still check abi.
Why?

--
YunQiang Su

Old 08-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Bryan Wu

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM, YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Many thanks. And another question:
>
> 1. Run the build with skipabi=true as an argument
> by pbuilder --debbuildopts ?

I'm not familiar with pbuilder, but I always use "fakeroot
debian/rules binary-arch skipabi=true"
or you can just create a ABI ignore files to skip ABI check

> 2. I modified debian.master/changelog and debian/changelog to an new
> abi, while it still check abi.
> Why?

You can post you error message here, otherwise I really don't know
what happened on your side.

Thanks,
--
Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@canonical.com>
Kernel Developer +86.186-168-78255 Mobile