-   -   Kernel testing: what hardware we're running. (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/685289-kernel-testing-what-hardware-were-running.html)

John Kim 07-18-2012 10:00 PM

Kernel testing: what hardware we're running.

I'm interested in testing the new linux kernel. *But how do I know what hardware I have? *
This is what the script gave. I don't know how to interpret. *My first impression is that I have all the listed hardware to test, but I think I'm wrong. *
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1099090
--
John Kim
Ubuntu enthusiast

Nicholas Skaggs 07-19-2012 04:31 PM

Kernel testing: what hardware we're running.

John, glad your interested in helping
out! The script is intended to be executed on the command line.
Save the file as kernel.sh and execute it by running 'bash
kernel.sh'. It will print out something similar to this:

Matching kernel modules in-use

fglrx

snd_hda_intel

snd_usb_audio

All kernel modules in-use

pci_stub

sky2

pata_jmicron

The modules listed under the "matching" shows what modules are in
use that match what's on the page. Add yourself under the modules
on the wiki page and then install the kernel and test. We
appreciate your willingness to help. Good luck and let me know if
you have anymore questions! Thanks,

Nicholas