-   -   ACK: Background noise or low volume (phase inversion) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/682527-ack-background-noise-low-volume-phase-inversion.html)

Tim Gardner 07-11-2012 04:21 PM

ACK: Background noise or low volume (phase inversion)

I assume you've tested for regression on other platforms that use
Conexant codecs ?

Patch 1/2 should be 'back ported from commit
18dcd3044e4c4b3ab6341c98e8d0e81e0d58d5e3'

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Chris J Arges 07-11-2012 04:30 PM

On 07/11/2012 11:21 AM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> I assume you've tested for regression on other platforms that use
> Conexant codecs ?

It's only been tested on the Lenovo u300s, I have a couple of Thinkpads
with Conexant sound cards I will test on ASAP.

> Patch 1/2 should be 'back ported from commit
> 18dcd3044e4c4b3ab6341c98e8d0e81e0d58d5e3'

Ok sorry about that, I will make sure I change the default message next
time.

Thanks,
--chris j arges

Tim Gardner 07-17-2012 07:11 PM

ACK: Background noise or low volume (phase inversion)

I assume you've tested for regression on other platforms that use
Conexant codecs ?

It's only been tested on the Lenovo u300s, I have a couple of Thinkpads
with Conexant sound cards I will test on ASAP.

Patch 1/2 should be 'back ported from commit
18dcd3044e4c4b3ab6341c98e8d0e81e0d58d5e3'

Ok sorry about that, I will make sure I change the default message next
time.

Thanks,
--chris j arges

rtg

Chris - any test results yet ?

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Chris J Arges 07-17-2012 09:24 PM

ACK: Background noise or low volume (phase inversion)

<snip>

> Chris - any test results yet ?

I've tested with my Lenovo X220 with the following sound card:

$ aplay --list-devices
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CONEXANT Analog [CONEXANT Analog]

$ lspci | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset
Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

The laptop has the same sound functionality as the released kernel, I
can listen to audio both from the speakers and headphones. I can record
audio from the microphone and play it back properly.

Let me know if there is any additional testing that would help.
Thanks,
--chris