Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default LP#1021174 -- ensure module lists contain all modules

When building split packages such as virtual we are splitting out
the modules into linux-image-* and linux-image-extra-*, however
when accumulating the module lists for the ABI we only consider the
linux-image-* package contents. This means that each build will report
a large number of NEW packages and in theory modules could go missing
from linux-image-extra-* without being detected. In the common case we
would catch this as loss in the other non-split flavours but it seems
appropriate to fix it.

Following this are two patch sets, one for oneiric and one for precise.
The oneiric stack contains an additional change which is already applied
to precise and quantal.

Proposing for oneiric and precise. We did not use split packages before
oneiric.

Note that this will likely have knock on effects on some of the stable
tooling which also pull the ABI. Of course those tools _should_ use the
in tree code really if at all possible to avoid such skew, but I do not
believe they do.

-apw