Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Seth Forshee

Default Fix lvds on Thinkpad T410 when booted with lid closed

This fixes a problem on my T410 when booted in a docking station with
the lid closed. The bios isn't initializing the lvds registers, and i915
is failing to detect that this is the case. As a result the lvds panel
remains blank until the machine is rebooted with the lid open.

The patch simply adds a single bit to the mask for bits not considered
when determining if the lvds register was initialized by the bios. Chris
Wilson had some (unspoken) reservations about this change, but no other
solution was forthcoming, so the patch was merged into drm-intel-next to
see if any problems showed up.

I've tested the patch on as many i915 machines as I have access to and
haven't found any problems so far. I'd like to see us pick it up for
quantal at this point to get widespread testing. I suspect that if there
are problems that they'll show up pretty quickly.

Thanks,
Seth

Seth Forshee (1):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: (drop after 3.5) drm/i915: ignore pipe select bit when
checking for LVDS register initialization

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c | 2 +-