Old 06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Enable Kerneloops For Quantal

Hello,

The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
catch serious kernel bugs.

This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
is in the kerneloops package[1].

Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.

The kerneloops.org site is still down and it will probably not be
revived. However, the kerneloops bugs we receive are still very valuable.

This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
Quantal?

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops

Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Robert Nelson

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Joseph Salisbury
<joseph.salisbury@canonical.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
> catch serious kernel bugs.
>
> This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
> is in the kerneloops package[1].
>
> Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.
>
> The kerneloops.org site is still down and it will probably not be
> revived. *However, the kerneloops bugs we receive are still very valuable.

Based on lkml, it looks like it might be coming back pretty soon...

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/6/26/92

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/

Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Leann Ogasawara

On 06/26/2012 11:08 AM, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
> catch serious kernel bugs.
>
> This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
> is in the kerneloops package[1].
>
> Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.
>
> The kerneloops.org site is still down and it will probably not be
> revived. However, the kerneloops bugs we receive are still very valuable.
>
> This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
> Quantal?

With the Quantal kernel now tracking the upstream v3.5-rc# kernel, I
think now is as good a time as any to re-enable.

Thanks,
Leann