-   -   ACK: Fix kernel deadlock in spinlock (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/676862-ack-fix-kernel-deadlock-spinlock.html)

Tim Gardner 06-25-2012 12:27 PM

ACK: Fix kernel deadlock in spinlock

Given your test results I'll have to take your word for it that this is
the right thing to do, but it _is_ kind of a huge and complicated patch.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski 06-25-2012 02:53 PM

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:55:31AM +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:
> Xen allows for a certain level of nested spinlocks. However the code
> (SUSE patchset) that currently is in ec2 has a serious problems there.
>
> I picked the new implementation from the more recent version of the
> patchset and backported it to lucid-ec2. Since the bug is not easy
> to reproduce it took a while to get feedback. But it seems to be
> good enough according to a recent feedback.
>
> NOTE: This requires an ABI bump!

Ack. The test results indicate success, about the patch itself I also
think it's a complicated change and can't judge it well, don't know much
about Xen land, but trust the results and work done.

> -Stefan

[]'s
Herton