Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Chris Lumens

Default Fix the language selection resizing

> This fixes the resizing of the language view,
> because of different label lengths caused by
> different translations.
>
> It still jumps up and down, because some languages
> have characters with bigger height. I had no
> success with fixing that part. Nothing helps.

This looks good, at least.

I don't know what all you've tried with the jumping up and down, but
perhaps it could be fixed by playing with the size allocated to the
label? There's about a million controls for that stuff.

- Chris

Old 06-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Martin Gracik

I tried playing with the height of the label, setting height request, but it didn't do anything. I'm not sure now, if gtk ignored it, or if the magnificent glade 3 didn't save it to the xml file. Then I also tried changing some of the million of controls, I don't even remember which. But I will give it another spin of "set this, unset this and see what it does".

Old 06-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Martin Gracik

So the height request helps with this, but glade didn't save the value first time I tried it. It's not enough to change the value in glade and save the file. Because glade will not save the change at all, you need to press Enter after changing the value, then save.

I'm starting to think that editing the xml files manually could be more efficient than using glade.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Chris Lumens

> So the height request helps with this, but glade didn't save the value
> first time I tried it. It's not enough to change the value in glade
> and save the file. Because glade will not save the change at all, you
> need to press Enter after changing the value, then save.

Ugh, obnoxious.

> I'm starting to think that editing the xml files manually could be
> more efficient than using glade.

I probably make a hand-edit to one of the UI files at least once a week.

- Chris