Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Bryan Wu

Default CONFIG_CGROUPS should be enabled for highbank

Hi Ike and Eric,

When I'm reviewing the cgroups config in our Quantal kernel, I found
CONFIG_CGROUPS is disabled only for highbank [1]. I think cgroups is
required for several key applications like LXC and libvirt. Also
highbank targets for server, cloud, virtulization applications, I
think CONFIG_CGROUPS should be enabled and the same for other cgroups
configs.

[1]: debian.master/config/armhf/config.flavour.highbank:#
CONFIG_CGROUPS is not set

Thanks,
--
Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@canonical.com>
Kernel Developer * *+86.186-168-78255 Mobile

Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Eric Miao

Mmm.... I think this has been done in the config alignment work though.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Tim Gardner

I think Bryan is correct. The current tip of master-next indicates
CONFIG_CGROUPS is not set for highbank.

rtg

Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Ike Panhc

On 06/18/2012 06:03 PM, Bryan Wu wrote:
> Hi Ike and Eric,
>
> When I'm reviewing the cgroups config in our Quantal kernel, I found
> CONFIG_CGROUPS is disabled only for highbank [1]. I think cgroups is
> required for several key applications like LXC and libvirt. Also
> highbank targets for server, cloud, virtulization applications, I
> think CONFIG_CGROUPS should be enabled and the same for other cgroups
> configs.
>
> [1]: debian.master/config/armhf/config.flavour.highbank:#
> CONFIG_CGROUPS is not set
>
> Thanks,

Thanks Bryan, bug filed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1014692