Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-05-29

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/05/29/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 29 May, 2012|20120529
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
Q/omap4: Ubuntu-3.4.0-201.3 is out, with hdmi and jack audio support.
Some of the new features (like video and audio offloading to gpu/dsp)
will have to wait until 3.5rcX hits master, since we need CMA and
dma-map support (already present in linus vanilla).
only fools rush in

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 4 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 3 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-versions-and-flavors || 1 work item ||
|| smb || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
|| ppisati || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 1 work item ||
|| jk- || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 2 work items ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
|| cking || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review || 3 work items ||
|| jjohansen || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 2 work item ||
|| kernel-team || hardware-q-kernel-config-review || 10 work items ||
|| || hardware-q-kernel-versions-and-flavors || 2 work items ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Alpha-1 work
items. If anyone has a spare cycle, feel free to take one of the work
items assigned to the team.
Last week we uploaded the 3.4.0-3.8 Quantal kernel. This included an
updated AppArmor patch set and misc config updates and bug fixes.
Please note that Alpha-1 is next Thurs June 7. I'll intend to upload a
final Alpha-1 kernel early next week, ie Monday.
We've also began providing the 12.10 kernel for 12.04. We welcome any
early adopters to plaes install, test, and let us know your feedback.
It is available from the following PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Jun 7 - Alpha 1 (~1 week)

== 2012-05-29 (weekly) ==
Currently we have 88 CVEs on our radar, with 2 new CVEs added this week.
See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html
Overall the backlog has increased slightly slightly this week:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/Hardy ===
Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (May 29):

* Hardy - 2.6.24-31.101 - No change this cycle
* Lucid - 2.6.32-41.90 - Testing; Single CVE
* Natty - 2.6.38-15.60 - Testing: 7 CVEs
* Oneiric - 3.0.0-21.35 - Verification; 2 stable upstream releases
(approx. 111 commits)
* Precise - 3.2.0-25.39 - Verification; 2 stable upstream releases
(approx. 271 commits)

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===

An old colleague of mine, Dave Taht, is a member of the
http://www.bufferbloat.net/ group. Some of their work will be landing
in the 3.5 kernel (codel and fq_codel - a new active TCP queue
management algo).
Dave would like to be in contact with someone on the Ubuntu kernel team
to talk about configuration and usage issues for that stuff. Shall I
direct him to anyone in particular? Is there a networking point-person?
kamal, i'd say just get him to send email to kernel-team@
kamal, he can start with me or apw
kernel-team@ works as well
ok, two names + the kernel-team@ list :-) that'll do :-) thanks.