Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Mark Shuttleworth

Default Final set of results from the Power Management Blueprint

On 28/03/12 14:46, Colin Ian King wrote:
> Now beta2 is nearly here I ran some (very simple) tests last night and
> this morning on Unity 2D vs 3D to see how they compare in terms of
> power consumption on a HP Mini 210 (Atom N450) and a Lenovo X220i
> (Sandybridge, i3).

Awesome work, Colin. Thank you! Both for the reporting and the
improvements in 12.04.

Should we be worried about the 100mA idle delta between 2D and 3D on the
Lenovo?

Mark

Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Colin Ian King

Now beta2 is nearly here I ran some (very simple) tests last night and
this morning on Unity 2D vs 3D to see how they compare in terms of
power consumption on a HP Mini 210 (Atom N450) and a Lenovo X220i
(Sandybridge, i3).

Awesome work, Colin. Thank you! Both for the reporting and the
improvements in 12.04.

Should we be worried about the 100mA idle delta between 2D and 3D on the
Lenovo?

It is of interest to find out why this is, so I will see if I can find
out what is the root cause, but it could be anywhere in the layers of
sub-systems.

Colin

Mark

Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM