Old 03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Release Meeting 2012-03-16

I'm sending this out early as I'll be away tomorrow and Friday. Andy
Whitcroft (apw) will stand in for me at the release meeting on Friday.

Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Precise Beta-2 is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Precise
* http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.04-beta-2.html
* http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html

== What was done engineering wise? ==

This past week we uploaded the 3.2.0-18.29 kernel. This included
security fixes for CVE-2012-1097, some additional Hyper-V updates, and
misc bug fixes. We've also rebased to upstream stable v3.2.11 and
pulled in an updated compat-wireless stack from upstream v3.3-rc6 into
linux-backports-modules-3.2.0

We have a few remaining Beta-2 work items. None are release critical.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

As noted above, we've rebased to upstream stable v3.2.11 and plan to
upload by end of day of Friday March 16. We hope for this to be or
final kernel upload before Beta-2 Freeze.

We also circulated discussion regarding dropping the non-smp PowerPC
kernel flavor [1]. Feedback and input is still materializing. If we
can come to a decision in time for Beta-2, that would be ideal.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-March/034927.html

=== Release Notes ===

== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==

Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're also
keeping an eye on the following bugs:

* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:914319 - BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004
* Bug:948235 - Intel wireless still randomly drops connection
* Bug:944929 - psb_gfx boot hang on Atom N2600 (GMA3600 Cedarview)
* Bug:947751 - 3.2.0-18-generic: Broadcom BCM4306 Wireless (rev 03) [14e4:4320]: Network links are *never* ready
* Bug:937118 - Wireless stops passing packets
* Bug:922906 - BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000009c

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
None.

== Issues? ==
None.