Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-03-06

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/03/06/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.]]

[[http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 06 Mar, 2012|20120306
Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status ===
nothing new to report this week

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt
=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-p-kernel-boot || 4 work items ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-config-review || 6 work items ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 3 work items ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-2 work
items.

=== Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management ===
nothing new to report this week

We uploaded the 3.2.0-18.28 kernel last Friday. The most notable
changes are a rebase to v3.2.9, updated AppArmor patches, clickpad
detection support, and re-enablement of AUFS. We also uploaded the
first instance of linux-backports-modules-3.2.0 which contains an
updated v3.3 compat-wireless stack.
Note that Beta-2 is approaching. We will be preparing our final Beta-2
kernel by the end of next week. Please submit any patches which need to
land for this milestone.
Important upcoming dates:
* Thurs Mar 22 - Beta-2 Freeze (~2 weeks)
* Thurs Mar 29 - Beta-2 (~3 weeks)

Currently we have 75 CVEs on our radar, one new CVE was added this week.
See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html

Overall the backlog is broadly unchanged this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt

Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Mar. 06):

* Hardy - 2.6.24-31.100 - A single CVE.
* Lucid - 2.6.32-40.87 - CVEs, eCryptfs, NFSv4, block, and other
misc. fixes.

* Maverick - 2.6.35-32.67 - A single CVE.
* Natty - 2.6.38-13.57 - CVEs, eCryptfs and some other fixes.
* Oneiric - 3.0.0-16.29 - CVEs and 3 stable upstream releases.

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
No Discussion.