Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Colin King

Default eCryptfs: Copy up lower inode attrs after setting lower xattr

From: Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com>

BugLink: https://launchpad.net/bugs/926292

SRU justification:

Impact:

After passing through a ->setxattr() call, eCryptfs needs to copy the
inode attributes from the lower inode to the eCryptfs inode, as they
may have changed in the lower filesystem's ->setxattr() path.

One example is if an extended attribute containing a POSIX Access
Control List is being set. The new ACL may cause the lower filesystem to
modify the mode of the lower inode and the eCryptfs inode would need to
be updated to reflect the new mode.

Fix:

Upstream commit 545d680938be1e86a6c5250701ce9abaf360c495

Testcase:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ecryptfs/ecryptfs/trunk/revision/640

Note:

This patch has already been sent to stable and has been applied
to Precise but was ommitted for Oneiric. (Still trying to verify
if this is required for previous releases).

Tyler Hicks (1):
eCryptfs: Copy up lower inode attrs after setting lower xattr

fs/ecryptfs/inode.c | 2 ++

1.7.9

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Colin King

After passing through a ->setxattr() call, eCryptfs needs to copy the
inode attributes from the lower inode to the eCryptfs inode, as they
may have changed in the lower filesystem's ->setxattr() path.

One example is if an extended attribute containing a POSIX Access
Control List is being set. The new ACL may cause the lower filesystem to
modify the mode of the lower inode and the eCryptfs inode would need to
be updated to reflect the new mode.

Fix:

Upstream commit 545d680938be1e86a6c5250701ce9abaf360c495

Testcase:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ecryptfs/ecryptfs/trunk/revision/640

Note:

This patch has already been sent to stable and has been applied
to Precise. I delayed submitting this as I was trying to figure
out why I was getting false positives on the tests on Natty and
eventually resolved the testing issue with acl mount options on
ext4.

Tyler Hicks (1):
eCryptfs: Copy up lower inode attrs after setting lower xattr

fs/ecryptfs/inode.c | 2 ++

1.7.9.1

Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Colin King

After passing through a ->setxattr() call, eCryptfs needs to copy the
inode attributes from the lower inode to the eCryptfs inode, as they
may have changed in the lower filesystem's ->setxattr() path.

One example is if an extended attribute containing a POSIX Access
Control List is being set. The new ACL may cause the lower filesystem to
modify the mode of the lower inode and the eCryptfs inode would need to
be updated to reflect the new mode.

Fix:

Backport of upstream commit 545d680938be1e86a6c5250701ce9abaf360c495

Testcase:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ecryptfs/ecryptfs/trunk/revision/640

Note:

I delayed submitting this as I was trying to figure out why I
was getting false positives on the tests on Lucid and eventually