Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Chase Douglas

Default Clickpad detection support

The following patches add more clickpad detection support. This allows for the
X synaptics input module to handle them better.

The first patch has been accepted by the HID maintainer, but won't be pushed to
Linus until 3.4.

The second and third patches are awaiting review. I have pestered Dmitry
Torokhov to no avail so far. Rather that continue waiting, I would like to see
these patches applied so that we can have thorough testing in Ubuntu.

Thanks!

-- Chase

Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Andy Whitcroft

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:05:48PM -0800, Chase Douglas wrote:
> The following patches add more clickpad detection support. This allows for the
> X synaptics input module to handle them better.
>
> The first patch has been accepted by the HID maintainer, but won't be pushed to
> Linus until 3.4.
>
> The second and third patches are awaiting review. I have pestered Dmitry
> Torokhov to no avail so far. Rather that continue waiting, I would like to see
> these patches applied so that we can have thorough testing in Ubuntu.

Ok, these look pretty simple. I am assuming a CLICKPAD is a touchpad
with the buttons underneath. Overall they seem to bring more things
under that type by default.

Acked-by: Andy Whitcroft <apw@canonical.com>

-apw