Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM
"James M. Leddy"

Default Implement dummy security_sk_clone as in upstream

From: "James M. Leddy" <james.leddy@canonical.com>

BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/914689

I've altered it so that the fix is more in line with upstream commits:

545ece91974440f6447bbd27a44775bdaeee8212
0c51ea9ee6ad49b34dadf92798f7109f12cd0490

=== Oneiric SRU Justification ===
There is an abi incompatibility with current compat-wireless lbm and
what we have in 3.0. That means that we have no way to load the
bluetooth modules. This is a serious problem for anyone that has a newer
wireless card but also wants to use bluetooth.

== Fix ==
Remove the security_sk_clone call. This is just a call to copy over
security information when cloning a socket, but it's something that we
have never had in linux-3.0. This call was not exported in the linux-3.0
code which is why we can't load the module with that call included

== Test Case ==
Install inux-backports-modules-3.0.0 for Oneiric and confirm that you
can't load bluetooth module or drivers like btusb because of symbol
resolution errors. Apply the patch and notice that you can load
bluetooth and drivers with no problems.

I have tested on an Oneiric kernel to make sure it is possible to
load the bluetooth module.

There is no risk of regression since LBM is an elective install. I've
attached the patch as bzr output, please let me know if git commit
output is necessary.

James M. Leddy (1):
UBUNTU: Implement dummy security_sk_clone for compat-wireless

updates/cw-3.1/include/linux/compat-3.1.h | 13 +++++++++++++
updates/cw-3.2/include/linux/compat-3.1.h | 13 +++++++++++++

1.7.5.4