Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Release Meeting 2012-02-17

Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Precise Beta-1 is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Precise
* http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team-ubuntu-12.04-beta-1.html
* http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-kernel-distro-team.html

== What was done engineering wise? ==

We uploaded the linux-3.2.0-16.25 Ubuntu kernel which most notably
contains a rebase to v3.2.6, a few CVE fixes, and a proposed upstream
patch to resolve several external monitor issues for arrandale.

We are slightly above our Beta-1 trend but the remaining work items are
not release critical.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

We plan to upload what we intend to be our final Beta-1 kernel between
now and Monday. This kernel will contain a few significant patches:

* First is an upstream patch to disable RC6p (deep RC6) for Sandy
Bridge and then enable plain RC6 by default on Sandy Bridge.
This will hopefully result in 40-60% savings in power for Sandy
Bridge users and resolve a longstanding Bug:818830. We plan to
issue an extensive call for testing regarding this change and
relay all testing results back to upstream.
* Next is some upstream patches to add NumaChip support.
* We've also pulled in an updated Yama patch set to better align
with what is landing upstream.
* Also, we've applied an extensive set of updated Hyper-V patches
which are slated to land in v3.4. The v3.2 drivers do not work
correctly and drop access to the driver after a few seconds of
use.

=== Release Notes ===

== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==

Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're also
keeping an eye on the following bugs:

* Bug:818830 - [Sandy Bridge] serious power regression from kernel 3.0.0-6 to 3.0.0-7 (rc6 disabled)
* Bug:855124 - XRANDR operations very slow unless (phantom) HDMI1 disabled
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:898127 - system hangs and errors at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c:113 default_send_IPI_mask_logical+0xdc/0xf0()
* Bug:904297 - System crashed with latest updates
* Bug:898112 - Xen performance issue: backport acpi-cpufreq.v4 branch to 3.2 kernel for Precise
* Bug:912992 - [snb-m-gt2+] Primary laptop display not working, external monitor works fine
* Bug:922460 - BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
None.

== Issues? ==
None.