Old 02-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Tim Gardner

Default eCryptfs: Use notify_change for truncating lower inodes

Colin - in your soak testing prior to the application of this patch,
were you able to detect corrupted or leaked inodes ? If so, can you
distill your tests and attach the reproducer to the bug report ?

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Colin Ian King

Colin - in your soak testing prior to the application of this patch,
were you able to detect corrupted or leaked inodes ? If so, can you
distill your tests and attach the reproducer to the bug report ?

That's a good question. As yet, I have not yet been able to figure out a
simple way to detect this and spot any theoretical corruption or leakage.

rtg

Old 02-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Tim Gardner

Colin - in your soak testing prior to the application of this patch,
were you able to detect corrupted or leaked inodes ? If so, can you
distill your tests and attach the reproducer to the bug report ?

That's a good question. As yet, I have not yet been able to figure out a
simple way to detect this and spot any theoretical corruption or leakage.

rtg

I've got this mammoth Emerald with lots of CPUs and spindles. Lemme run
some soak testing with the patch applied.

rtg

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com