This past week the Ubuntu kernel team uploaded the 3.2.0-8.15 kernel.
This primarily consists of multiple config changes.
The Canonical kernel team has been sprinting in Budapest this week. The
primary focus has been work item completion which has included an
extensive config review, future kernel maintenance and development
discussions, and cross team pollination amongst the other distro teams.
We have a large number of work items targeted for the Alpha2 release, of
which 91% (150/165) are completed. Many of these were closed this week.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
As noted above, we uploaded the 3.2.0-8.15 kernel containing multiple
config changes. Please let us know of any issues which you encounter.
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're also
keeping an eye on the following bugs:
* Bug:818830 - [Sandy Bridge] serious power regression from kernel 3.0.0-6 to 3.0.0-7 (rc6 disabled)
* Bug:855124 - XRANDR operations very slow unless (phantom) HDMI1 disabled
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:898127 - system hangs and errors at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c:113 default_send_IPI_mask_logical+0xdc/0xf0()
* Bug:901305 - precise fails boot on ec2 hvm
* Bug:897866 - NFS install fails with a kernel panic
* Bug:897102 - precise can't boot with linux 220.127.116.11.1
* Bug:904297 - System crashed with latest updates
* Bug:898112 - Xen performance issue: backport acpi-cpufreq.v4 branch to 3.2 kernel for Precise
* Bug:911236 - DMAR:[fault reason 05] PTE Write access is not set
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Issues? ==
kernel-team mailing list