This past week the Ubuntu kernel team uploaded the 3.2.0-8.14 kernel.
The most notable change is the rebase to upstream v3.2 final.
Additional changes include updating aufs, adding ext* modules to the
-virtual flavor, and improved statfs reporting for eCryptfs.
We have a large number of work items targeted for the Alpha2 release, of
which 65% (82/165) appear completed.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
As noted above, we uploaded the 3.2.0-8.14 kernel which was rebased on
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're also
keeping an eye on the following bugs:
* Bug:818830 - [Sandy Bridge] serious power regression from kernel 3.0.0-6 to 3.0.0-7 (rc6 disabled)
* Bug:855124 - XRANDR operations very slow unless (phantom) HDMI1 disabled
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:898127 - system hangs and errors at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c:113 default_send_IPI_mask_logical+0xdc/0xf0()
* Bug:901305 - precise fails boot on ec2 hvm
* Bug:897866 - NFS install fails with a kernel panic
* Bug:897102 - precise can't boot with linux 22.214.171.124.1
* Bug:904297 - System crashed with latest updates
* Bug:898112 - Xen performance issue: backport acpi-cpufreq.v4 branch to 3.2 kernel for Precise
* Bug:911236 - DMAR:[fault reason 05] PTE Write access is not set
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Issues? ==
kernel-team mailing list