Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Colin Ian King

Default Power Consumption comparing Desktops

Hi again,

Continuing the blueprint work on analysing power consumption I've now
instrumented Unity, Gnome Desktop and Gnome Desktop (no effects) on an
Atom based HP Mini 210-1000.

The data + graphs are available in a Libre Office spreadsheet:

http://zinc.canonical.com/~cking/power-benchmarking/desktop-comparisons/power-consumption-across-desktops.ods

and a brief analysis + write-up here:

http://zinc.canonical.com/~cking/power-benchmarking/desktop-comparisons/results.txt

..if I get time I will re-run these on a Sandybridge based laptop. I
expect this needs some discussion and re-visiting again.

Colin