Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-01-03

= Meeting Minutes =
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/01/03/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of
the meeting.

http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam|Meeting minutes.

== Agenda ==
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 03 Jan, 2012|20120103
Meeting Agenda

=== ARM Status ===
P/omap4: nothing new to report this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs ===
Release metrics and incomming bug data can be reviewed at the
following link:

http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-p-kernel-boot || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-config-review || 7 work items ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 4 work items ||
|| || foundations-p-ipv6 || 1 work item ||
|| cking || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
|| jsalisbury || other-p-bug-workflows || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-p-kernel-version-and-flavors || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-config-review || 10 work items||
|| tgardner || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Alpha-2 work
items. Note that Alpha-2 is Thurs Feb 2.

=== Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management ===
Power Management:
* Write up results from wake events analysis and file lots of bugs
http://zinc.canonical.com/~cking/power-benchmarking/events/
* Write cpustat: git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cking/cpustat.git
Test CPU utilization, results:
http://zinc.canonical.com/~cking/power-benchmarking/cpu/
* Investigate MSR_IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS on sandybridge, no +ve results
need to rig up Ivybridge desktop to sanity check this.
* LP#911325 - new pm-utils scripts to save power
* Collect power measurements on Hardy, Lucid, Maverick, Natty,
Oneiric, Precise

Over the holiday break we rebased to v3.2-rc7 and uploaded. Aside
from that not much else has been done.

Important Upcoming Dates:
* Thurs Feb 2 - Alpha 2 (~4 weeks)

=== CVE Metrics ===

Currently open CVEs for each supported branch:

|| Package || Open ||
|| || ||
|| linux Hardy || 10 (-3) ||
|| linux Lucid || 7 (-3) ||
|| linux Maverick || 8 (-2) ||
|| linux Natty || 9 (-1) ||
|| linux Oneiric || 7 (-1) ||
|| linux Precise || 6 (-2) ||
|| linux-ec2 Lucid || 7 (-3) ||
|| linux-fsl-imx51 Lucid || 7 (-4) ||
|| linux-mvl-dove Lucid || 7 (-3) ||
|| linux-mvl-dove Maverick || 7 (-3) ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Maverick || 9 (-2) ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Natty || 9 (-1) ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Oneiric || 7 (-1) ||
|| linux-ti-omap4 Precise || 6 (-2) ||
|| linux-lts-backport-maverick Lucid || 8 (-2) ||
|| linux-lts-backport-natty Lucid || 9 (-1) ||
|| linux-lts-backport-oneiric Lucid || 7 (-1) ||

We have had two new CVEs added to the matrix since the last report.
Two of those without upstream fixes have had those identified and have
been triaged to specific releases.

Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy ===

Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (19/12):

* Hardy - 2.6.24-30.98
* New kernel, now in verification. Contains commits for 5 CVEs.

* Lucid - 2.6.32-38.82
* New kernel, waiting to be copied to -proposed. Contains a stable
upstream

release as well as some CVEs. This also turns CONFIG_NET_NS back on.

* Maverick - 2.6.35-32.64
* New kernel, waiting to be copied to -proposed. Contains a rare, stable
upstream release as well as some CVEs.

* Natty - 2.6.38-13.53
* New kernel, now being built.

* Oneiric - 3.0.0-15.25
* New kernel, now in verification. A regression was identified in the
previous -proposed kernel (bug 904569). The offending commit was
reverted
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/904569|Launchpad bug 904569 in linux
(Ubuntu Oneiric) "Linux 3.0.0-15 causes laptops to fail to resume from
suspend (Dell XPS 1645, Sony Vaio VPCF1390)" [Undecided,In progress] ]]

and this kernel produced.

Current opened tracking bugs details:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html

For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
* http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html

Future stable cadence cycles:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseInterlock

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized ===
The meeting on January 07, 2012 will be cancelled due to the
engineering rally.