=== Milestone Targeted Work Items ===
|| apw || hardware-p-kernel-boot || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-config-review || 7 work items ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 4 work items ||
|| || foundations-p-ipv6 || 1 work item ||
|| cking || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
|| jsalisbury || other-p-bug-workflows || 1 work item ||
|| ogasawara || hardware-p-kernel-version-and-flavors || 1 work item ||
|| || hardware-p-kernel-config-review || 10 work items||
|| tgardner || hardware-p-kernel-delta-review || 1 work item ||
If your name is in the above table, please review your Alpha-2 work
items. Note that Alpha-2 is Thurs Feb 2.
=== Blueprint: hardware-p-kernel-power-management ===
* Write up results from wake events analysis and file lots of bugs
* Write cpustat: git://kernel.ubuntu.com/cking/cpustat.git
Test CPU utilization, results:
* Investigate MSR_IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS on sandybridge, no +ve results
need to rig up Ivybridge desktop to sanity check this.
* LP#911325 - new pm-utils scripts to save power
* Collect power measurements on Hardy, Lucid, Maverick, Natty,
=== Status: Precise Development Kernel ===
Over the holiday break we rebased to v3.2-rc7 and uploaded. Aside
from that not much else has been done.
Important Upcoming Dates:
* Thurs Feb 2 - Alpha 2 (~4 weeks)
Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (19/12):
* Hardy - 2.6.24-30.98
* New kernel, now in verification. Contains commits for 5 CVEs.
* Lucid - 2.6.32-38.82
* New kernel, waiting to be copied to -proposed. Contains a stable
release as well as some CVEs. This also turns CONFIG_NET_NS back on.
* Maverick - 2.6.35-32.64
* New kernel, waiting to be copied to -proposed. Contains a rare, stable
upstream release as well as some CVEs.
* Natty - 2.6.38-13.53
* New kernel, now being built.
* Oneiric - 3.0.0-15.25
* New kernel, now in verification. A regression was identified in the
previous -proposed kernel (bug 904569). The offending commit was
* [[https://launchpad.net/bugs/904569|Launchpad bug 904569 in linux
(Ubuntu Oneiric) "Linux 3.0.0-15 causes laptops to fail to resume from
suspend (Dell XPS 1645, Sony Vaio VPCF1390)" [Undecided,In progress] ]]
and this kernel produced.
Current opened tracking bugs details:
For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information: