Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Stefan Bader

Default ACK w/comment: drm/i915: Fix PCH port pipe select in CPT disable paths

On 20.12.2011 09:15, Keng-Yu Lin wrote:
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact:
> The external monitor becomes blank at times on extended or mirror mode.
>
> Fix:
> Upstream commit 1519b9956eb4b4180fa3f47c73341463cdcfaa37
> with some conflicts resolved.

In cases where I had to resolve conflicts, I would flag this as
"backported from commit x" in the patch.

> Testcase:
> Tested on Asus K54C, both analog VGA and HDMI ports work good.

Since 3.0 is also still on support upstream, I think it would make sense to send
your backport to stable@vger.kernel.org with cc to Keith and a Tested-by line
added with a little comment what roughly had to be adapted and that you think
this would make a good stable candidate for 3.0.y.

Otherwise looks like the upstream change and you can verify it, so

Acked-by: Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>