Old 12-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default LP#894768 -- random EINVALs on write in ext4

We have been seeing a bunch of install failures and some number of other
dpkg failures on Precise. This has been most acute in QA where they are
using VMs for testing, and on# which this bug is most easily triggered.

Following this email is a patch which seems to fix the issue. This has
been verified by QA who have run some 50 test runs against the fixed
kernel. I have forwarded the fix upstream, but right now they still
discussing another issue in the area and are holding changes there.
As this is severely impacting QA I am recommending we apply the fix as
SAUCE until they decide.

-apw

Andy Whitcroft (1):
UBUNTU: SAUCE: ext4: correct partial write discard size calculation

fs/ext4/inode.c | 6 +++---

1.7.5.4