Old 12-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Stefan Bader

Default ACK: UBUNTU: SAUCE: pci: Rework ASPM disable code

On 05.12.2011 22:16, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Appears to have good test results. Certainly better then the last time ASPM was
> enabled by default.
>
> rtg

Did we have ASPM enabled by default? Or was that ALPM?

-Stefan

Old 12-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Colin Ian King

On 06/12/11 07:17, Stefan Bader wrote:

On 05.12.2011 22:16, Tim Gardner wrote:

Appears to have good test results. Certainly better then the last time ASPM was
enabled by default.

rtg

Did we have ASPM enabled by default? Or was that ALPM?

-Stefan

I was under the impression it was Aggressive Link Power Management
(ALPM) that was causing some users
grief. ALPM is where the SATA AHCI controller puts the SATA link to the
disk into a very low power mode when there's no IO for awhile, if this
mechanism is broken I suspect users may see their data being eaten.

Colin

Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Tim Gardner

Appears to have good test results. Certainly better then the last
time ASPM was
enabled by default.

rtg

Did we have ASPM enabled by default? Or was that ALPM?

-Stefan

I was under the impression it was Aggressive Link Power Management
(ALPM) that was causing some users
grief. ALPM is where the SATA AHCI controller puts the SATA link to the
disk into a very low power mode when there's no IO for awhile, if this
mechanism is broken I suspect users may see their data being eaten.

Colin

I think it was ASPM that caused random problems with some wireless
adapters, primarily ath9k IIRC.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com