Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Tim Gardner

Default APPLIED: scrub tpm data before free

On 12/05/2011 09:18 AM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

CVE-2011-1162
char/tpm: zero buffer after copying to userspace

The fix for this issue has hit lucid, oneiric and precise via mainline
and stable. Following this email are three patches, one for hardy, one
for lucid/fsl-imx51, maverick and maverick/ti-omap4, and one for natty
and natty/ti-omap4. The hardy patch is a very minor backport, the other
two are simple cherry-picks only differing in context.

Proposing for hardy, lucid/fsl-imx51, maverick, maverick/ti-omap4, natty
and natty/ti-omap4.

-apw

I agree with Seth that this driver has some race problems. Also, I think
the patch for this CVE might be incomplete. I'll send the maintainer a
patch or two.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com