This past week the Ubuntu kernel team uploaded the 3.2.0-2.5 kernel
which was included in the Alpha1 release. We've followed that up with
the 3.2.0-2.6 upload immediately upon the archive unfreezing. This
latest kernel contains patches to update the virtual flavor driver
inclusion list (LP:897795), fixup armhf builds, resolve Geode LX boot
failure (LP:892615), and enables CONFIG_PATA_MACIO=y to resolve MAC qemu
boot failures. Please test on any kit that you have and provide any
We have a large number of work items targeted for the Alpha2 release,
ie. 90 to be exact. A third of them look to already be completed.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
I'd anticipate the upstream v3.2-rc4 kernel to land in the upcoming
weeks. As usual, we'll rebase and upload when that happens.
The proposal to drop support for the i386 non-pae kernel is up for
discussion/decision at the next Tech Board meeting on Mon Dec 12 .
I'd recommend that any interested parties in this discussion to please
attend this meeting. We will be sure to relay the resulting outcome
both here and to the ubuntu-devel/ubuntu-kernel mailing lists..
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're still
keeping an eye on the following bugs:
* Bug:818830 - [Sandy Bridge] serious power regression from kernel 3.0.0-6 to 3.0.0-7 (rc6 disabled)
* Bug:855124 - XRANDR operations very slow unless (phantom) HDMI1 disabled
* Bug:753071 - Include DRM OMAP driver to have proper EDID detection
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:894070 - IOMMU error loop early in boot
* Bug:894768 - Installation randomly fails with: File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/install_misc.py", line 621, in copy_file targetfh.write(buf) IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
* Bug:898127 - system hangs and errors at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c:113 default_send_IPI_mask_logical+0xdc/0xf0()
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Issues? ==
kernel-team mailing list