Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Tim Gardner

Default ACK: Built-in some Xen drivers

On 12/01/2011 08:44 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/linux/+bug/886521

SRU justification:

Impact: Xen HVM guests (since around 2.6.36) will by default disable
(unplug) the emulated devices in favour of the paravirtualized drivers
when support for both is present (module or built-in).
This would make Xen installs more complicated (even if we put them into
a udeb because they are not getting autoprobed).

Fix: Change the configurations to have those (and the platform driver
which is recommended and actually non-configurable in 3.2 and later)
built-in.

Testcase: Installing a normal cdimage in HVM mode.

-Stefan

Since we're already doing this for Precise...
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com