Old 12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Brendan Donegan

Default Testing pool for Oneiric SRU

Hi,

As the Oneiric -proposed kernel has become available for testing, we're
about to commence with it. We're proposing to use our new testing pool
functionality which you may have heard about to reduce the number of
systems we need to test while still providing maximum device coverage.
In a previous mail, Marc showed you the list of components that we've
proposed as 'important' for the purpose of including at least one of
each different device of that type in the testing pool. This is the list
as it stands:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AphFraZYTghddElqTHl3NmZsWXVDYkMxcE5zX3EtR 0E&hl=en_US#gid=0

and this is the testing pool it created:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApQ2JshzVOLydEtFOWxPZ2h6R3BhcDFDbnV4SHJuT 1E

There is a link to the Ubuntu certification page for that system so you
can have a look at which components it has. This is mainly for
transparency.

As with Marc's email I would urge you to check the components on the
first spreadsheet with an X next to them, as these are the ones that
*are not* considered for the purposes of shrinking the testing pool.
Marking one of them as important will allow the tool to include at least
one system that includes each different component of that type and
potentially *increase* the number of systems in the pool. The goal is to
cover as much hardware as possible with a reasonably sized testing pool.

Thanks,

Old 12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Brad Figg

[...]

I don't see the Acer server platform that is producing bug
897773 listed in the above document. Since that is the only
one that is showing this issue, I think it would be good to
have it added.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com

Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Brendan Donegan

[...]

It could be that whatever component is triggering this halting is not
being considered for the purpose of filtering the testing pool. Perhaps
we need to keep the testing pools open to including specific systems
manually, if we can't figure out what component is causing this (which
seems far off at the moment)

Old 12-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Brad Figg

[...]

I agree. Just wanted to mention this specific case.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com

Old 12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Brendan Donegan

[...]

Heh. Or it could be that this system isn't certified with Oneiric (which
this testing pool is for). I'll make a Lucid one and see if it turns up
(now I'm curious)