Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default LP:894768 Added To Kernel Team Hot List

Hello,

I've added the following bug to the Kernel Team Hot List:
LP-894768

* This is a bug in Precise that causes random installation failures.
* This happens while installing Precise VMs on an Oneiric host.
* It was confirmed that Oneiric VMs on the same host do not have this issue.
* Additional investigation was requested to the bug reporter.

If anyone has some free cycles, it would be great if this bug could be
reviewed.

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/894768

Old 11-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Pete Graner

I've added the following bug to the Kernel Team Hot List:
LP-894768

* This is a bug in Precise that causes random installation failures.
* This happens while installing Precise VMs on an Oneiric host.
* It was confirmed that Oneiric VMs on the same host do not have this
issue.
* Additional investigation was requested to the bug reporter.

If anyone has some free cycles, it would be great if this bug could be
reviewed.

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/894768

This is a test blocker for A1 we need someone on it ASAP.

Thanks

~pete
--
Pete Graner - Ubuntu Kernel & QA Team Manager - <pgraner@canonical.com>
Office +1.828.358.0068 - Mobile +1.828.582.9466

Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Andy Whitcroft

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 08:25:22PM -0500, Pete Graner wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 04:58 PM, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I've added the following bug to the Kernel Team Hot List:
> >LP-894768
> >
> >* This is a bug in Precise that causes random installation failures.
> >* This happens while installing Precise VMs on an Oneiric host.
> >* It was confirmed that Oneiric VMs on the same host do not have this
> >issue.
> >* Additional investigation was requested to the bug reporter.
> >
> >If anyone has some free cycles, it would be great if this bug could be
> >reviewed.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Joe
> >
> >[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/894768
> >

> This is a test blocker for A1 we need someone on it ASAP.

I am trying to reproduce it now. This will be a 'mare to find most likely
as this is a python application, any of the layers below the application
could be returning this error down to and including the kernel.

-apw