Old 11-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Default Enable Kernel Oops In Precise

Hello,

The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
catch serious kernel bugs.

This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
is in the kerneloops package[1].

Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.

This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
precise?

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops

Old 11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Tim Gardner

The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
catch serious kernel bugs.

This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
is in the kerneloops package[1].

Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.

This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
precise?

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops

The last changelog entry (Nov 24) is 'Disable kerneloops, while
kerneloops.org is offline.' I don't think anything has changed.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Joseph Salisbury

The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
catch serious kernel bugs.

This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
is in the kerneloops package[1].

Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.

This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
precise?

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops

The last changelog entry (Nov 24) is 'Disable kerneloops, while
kerneloops.org is offline.' I don't think anything has changed.

rtg

Ahh, I didn't see that Martin had enabled then disabled kerneloops for
Precise already. I was looking at the Oneiric changelog. I'll monitor
the status of kerneloops.org.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Joseph Salisbury

The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
catch serious kernel bugs.

This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
is in the kerneloops package[1].

Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.

This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
precise?

Thanks,

Joe

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops

The kerneloops daemon has been enabled in the Precise development cycle.
At what point do we want to disable kerneloops? In the beta release?

Thanks,

Joe

Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Leann Ogasawara

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 14:19 -0500, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 03:59 PM, Joseph Salisbury wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The kerneloops daemon is enabled early in the development cycle to help
> > catch serious kernel bugs.
> >
> > This is done by setting "enabled=1" in ~debian/kerneloops.default, which
> > is in the kerneloops package[1].
> >
> > Before release, kerneloops is then disabled again.
> >
> > This email is to get feedback on when kerneloops should be enabled for
> > precise?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Joe
> >

> > [1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kerneloops
> >

> The kerneloops daemon has been enabled in the Precise development cycle.
> At what point do we want to disable kerneloops? In the beta release?

I assume we'll want to keep it enabled for the beta releases as that's
when we get a lot more users willing to test. In the past, we have
disabled kerneloops right around Final Freeze. Final Freeze for Precise
is set for Thurs April 12. I'd be fine having it disabled at Final
Freeze or even Kernel Freeze, Thurs April 5. I have no strong
preference either way. Whichever date is more convenient for Brian
works for me.

Thanks,
Leann