Old 11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Tim Gardner

Default APPLIED: Multiple remote denial of service in Linux bridge

On 11/22/2011 01:58 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:

On 11/21/2011 05:14 AM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

CVE-2011-4087
Scot Doyle discovered that the bridge networking interface
incorrectly handled certain network packets. A remote attacker
could exploit this to crash the system, leading to a denial
of service.

Fixes for this issue have hit natty and later via mainline and stable.
Releases prior to natty are not affected. Following this email is the
one remaining patch required for natty/ti-omap4, this is a direct
cherry-pick of the upstream backport on natty/master.

Proposing for natty/ti-omap4.

-apw

Drat - as soon as I pushed I noticed there is no bug number in your
patch, so I inserted the bug number from the commit on master
(214c889ef231aa3b3c29a8cbda6783ddfc064b47) and repushed, but then
noticed 793702 is a stable update bug. LP keeps timing out when I search
for CVE-2011-4087, so perhaps you could attempt to fix this commit at
your earliest convenience.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Andy Whitcroft

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 02:09:57PM -0700, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 01:58 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> >On 11/21/2011 05:14 AM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> >>CVE-2011-4087
> >>Scot Doyle discovered that the bridge networking interface
> >>incorrectly handled certain network packets. A remote attacker
> >>could exploit this to crash the system, leading to a denial
> >>of service.
> >>
> >>Fixes for this issue have hit natty and later via mainline and stable.
> >>Releases prior to natty are not affected. Following this email is the
> >>one remaining patch required for natty/ti-omap4, this is a direct
> >>cherry-pick of the upstream backport on natty/master.
> >>
> >>Proposing for natty/ti-omap4.
> >>
> >>-apw
> >>

> Drat - as soon as I pushed I noticed there is no bug number in your
> patch, so I inserted the bug number from the commit on master
> (214c889ef231aa3b3c29a8cbda6783ddfc064b47) and repushed, but then
> noticed 793702 is a stable update bug. LP keeps timing out when I
> search for CVE-2011-4087, so perhaps you could attempt to fix this
> commit at your earliest convenience.

Bug numbers were unavailable at the time I did the port, scripting
failure in security. I then missed them being missing when reviewing
for send. BugLink: added, branch updated:

http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/887302

-apw