Old 07-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default reset various skb fields on reuse

CVE-2011-1478
Ensure we reset skb->dev and skb->iff when reusing an skb.

The commits which introduced this issue were introduced in v2.6.29-rc1,
therefore hardy is not affected. The fixes for this CVE have hit lucid and
later via mainline and stable updates. Following this email are two pairs
of patches, one for lucid/fsl-imx51 and the other for maverick/ti-omap4.
These are direct cherry-picks from the stable updates to the master
branches.

Proposing for lucid/fsl-imx51 and maverick/ti-omap4.

-apw

Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Stefan Bader

On 27.07.2011 17:20, Andy Whitcroft wrote:
> CVE-2011-1478
> Ensure we reset skb->dev and skb->iff when reusing an skb.
>
> The commits which introduced this issue were introduced in v2.6.29-rc1,
> therefore hardy is not affected. The fixes for this CVE have hit lucid and
> later via mainline and stable updates. Following this email are two pairs
> of patches, one for lucid/fsl-imx51 and the other for maverick/ti-omap4.
> These are direct cherry-picks from the stable updates to the master
> branches.
>
> Proposing for lucid/fsl-imx51 and maverick/ti-omap4.
>
> -apw

Looking clean

Acked-by: Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>