Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Tim Gardner

Default APPLIED: Revert: "dell-laptop: Toggle the unsupported hardware killswitch"

On 06/27/2011 06:01 PM, Keng-Yu Lin wrote:

SRU Justification:

Impact: turning off wi-fi using the hotkey permenantly disables
wireless networking. The only way to turn it on is reboot.

Fix: Revert the previous patch to toggle the killswitch via the
Dell-specified SMI command without the concern if it is hardware-controlled.

I sent the revert patch to upstream already, but it is not yet merged.
I issued the SRU for Natty in case of the concern of blocking the certification.

Testcase: Confirmed to fix the issue on Dell Vostro 1014 and Latitude 2120

BugLink: http://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/775281

Keng-Yu Lin (1):
Revert: "dell-laptop: Toggle the unsupported hardware killswitch"

drivers/platform/x86/dell-laptop.c | 24 ++----------------------

Natty and Oneiric

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com