Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Loc Minier

Default ARM: Dropping debian-installer armel+versatile kernel and netboot kernel

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011, Tim Gardner wrote:
> I talked to Oliver Grawert about this. We are quite happy to drop
> the distro versatile flavour in favor of the Linaro packaged
> versatile-express kernel.

Cool! I was about to followup on this, but didn't have time to cook an
ubuntu-oneiric.git patch yet

The only thing to be careful about is to keep generating linux-libc-dev
on armel; all the versatile related stuff in the linux source package
can go away IMO

(Other impacted packages: debian-installer, I can take care of it, and
maybe rootstock?)

--
Loc Minier

Old 06-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Loc Minier

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011, Tim Gardner wrote:
> Dunno about rootstock. I'll go ahead and rip out the versatile
> flavour. Note that we still have an omap armel flavour, and we'll
> continue to generate the other armel binaries (such as
> linux-libc-dev).

If anything, rootstock would have to be updated to pass -M vexpress
instead of -M versatile (and download the vexpress kernels instead of
the versatile ones).

Yup, I'm aware of the OMAP flavor, but wasn't sure whether
linux-libc-dev was perhaps generated by the versatile build.

If you rip out versatile, you can also revert
32e7fd13de2db501a1c3d53a847c1ca666efdb42
UBUNTU: SAUCE: (no-up) select a v7 CPU for versatile

Thanks!
--
Loc Minier