Old 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Tim Gardner

Default APPLIED: SRU: Fix potential resource leak

On 06/21/2011 09:41 AM, Stefan Bader wrote:

I think it is not released yet, but I gave it its own bug anyway. Though it is
sort of a follow up for CVE-2010-4247.
Attaching the actual patch not the patch as it would get added to the xen
patches as it is much simpler to look at.

SRU Justification:

Impact: This only affects the xen custom kernel. When applying patches to fix
CVE-2010-4247, a follow-up patch was missed that would fix a potention leak.
This will only happen in the error case when the loop is prematurely ended.

Fix: Patch taken from Xen repository.

Testcase: none, found by code review and not sure how to trigger the error case
the first place.

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com