Old 06-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Tim Gardner

Default Acked: SRU: Fix OMG how did this ever work (32bit)

On 06/22/2011 02:35 AM, Andy Whitcroft wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 05:55:36PM +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:

Fix: This is a bit more than needed to fix the bug itself, but it will bring our
code more into a shape that resembles upstream (factually there is only a 2.6.18
upstream but that code did not do the double list access).

The first patch looks fine, the second patch is just enormous. I am not
against making the code match upstream better as that vastly improves its
maintainability going forward. So perhaps we could split the second one
out into one "Reorder the code to match upstream order -- no functional
change" which I can then 'ignore' and one which fixes the actual bug.

Obviously even with the larger change we are going to need to test,
test, test but I believe you have this in hand and have a test case.

-apw

I'm inclined to just apply it since the ultimate commit is a patch of a
patch and is unreadable anyways. And as Andy says; test, test, test.

Acked-by: Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>

smb - _you_ get to apply this one.

rtg
--