Old 06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Stefan Bader

Default SRU: Fix potential resource leak

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.I think it is not released yet, but I gave it its own bug anyway. Though it is
sort of a follow up for CVE-2010-4247.
Attaching the actual patch not the patch as it would get added to the xen
patches as it is much simpler to look at.

SRU Justification:

Impact: This only affects the xen custom kernel. When applying patches to fix
CVE-2010-4247, a follow-up patch was missed that would fix a potention leak.
This will only happen in the error case when the loop is prematurely ended.

Fix: Patch taken from Xen repository.

Testcase: none, found by code review and not sure how to trigger the error case
the first place.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Stefan Bader

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.On 21.06.2011 17:41, Stefan Bader wrote:
> I think it is not released yet, but I gave it its own bug anyway. Though it is
> sort of a follow up for CVE-2010-4247.
> Attaching the actual patch not the patch as it would get added to the xen
> patches as it is much simpler to look at.
>
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact: This only affects the xen custom kernel. When applying patches to fix
> CVE-2010-4247, a follow-up patch was missed that would fix a potention leak.
> This will only happen in the error case when the loop is prematurely ended.
>
> Fix: Patch taken from Xen repository.
>
> Testcase: none, found by code review and not sure how to trigger the error case
> the first place.

In case it was missed or assumed to be the other issue... And this time
attaching the patch against the tree.

-Stefan

Old 06-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Stefan Bader