-   -   installing kernel 2.6.26 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/486245-installing-kernel-2-6-26-a.html)

seidos 02-07-2011 01:40 PM

installing kernel 2.6.26

Greetings:
I am looking to install the 2.6.26 kernel from the kernel ppa. �i added the ppa, but i don't know what package the 2.6.26 kernel is in. �

would someone direct me to a how-to or wiki so i can use this kernel?
--�
with metta,
seidoshttp://accesstoinsight.org

Jeremy Foshee 02-09-2011 07:58 PM

installing kernel 2.6.26

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 06:40:40AM -0800, seidos wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am looking to install the 2.6.26 kernel from the kernel ppa. i added the
> ppa, but i don't know what package the 2.6.26 kernel is in.
>
> would someone direct me to a how-to or wiki so i can use this kernel?

seidos,
Apologies for my delay responding to you. Have a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/MainlineBuilds.

Do let me know if you have any questions as that page is being updated
soon in order to clarify some of the instructions.

Thanks!

~JFo