Old 02-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Tim Gardner

Default Ubuntu 2.6.38-rc3 based OMAP4 kernel

On 02/07/2011 08:58 PM, Bryan Wu wrote:

On Tuesday, February 8, 2011, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner@canonical.com> wrote:

On 02/07/2011 12:18 PM, Dechesne, Nicolas wrote:

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner@canonical.com>wrote:

Do you think this will suffice?

that is fine with me. i think we cover all the use case we need for now.

Uploaded linux-ti-omap4_2.6.38-1200.1 to https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ppa based on Natty master using Sebastien's config (plus a couple of tweaks).

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-natty.git ti-omap4-dev

Thanks guys, is that possible merge omap and omap4 together in Natty
38 kernel? The default config of mainline supports a single binary
kernel for both omap3 and omap4.

-Bryan

I chose to continue to carry ti-omap4 as a separate branch in order to
divorce bug fixes, features additions, and upload schedule from the
master branch.

Note that there is now a development version of ti-omap4 in the c-k-t PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ppa/+files/linux-ti-omap4-tools-2.6.38-1200_2.6.38-1200.1_armel.deb

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Nicolas Pitre

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Bryan Wu wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 8, 2011, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com> wrote:
> > On 02/07/2011 12:18 PM, Dechesne, Nicolas wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Tim Gardner<tim.gardner@canonical.com>wrote:
> >

> > Do you think this will suffice?
> >

> > that is fine with me. i think we cover all the use case we need for now.
> >

> > Uploaded linux-ti-omap4_2.6.38-1200.1 to https://launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+archive/ppa based on Natty master using Sebastien's config (plus a couple of tweaks).
> >
> > git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-natty.git ti-omap4-dev
> >

> Thanks guys, is that possible merge omap and omap4 together in Natty
> 38 kernel? The default config of mainline supports a single binary
> kernel for both omap3 and omap4.

Beware. The omap2plus configuration produces a buggy kernel with the
potential to corrupt your data, especially when run on an SMP target.
A bunch of patches are required to fix this. Since this set of patches
is too large for -rc5, the final 2.6.38 will make the kernel non
bootable if SMP support is added to the mix. But if you stick only to
ARMv7 targets and don't configure in ARMv6 support then it will be fine.

Nicolas