Old 01-10-2011, 06:24 PM
"K. Richard Pixley"

Default trouble git'ing kernel

I seem to be having trouble git'ing a copy of the kernel.

rich@sendai> git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubntu/ubuntu-maverick.git
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/rich/projects/git/ubuntu-maverick/.git/

rich@sendai> git clone http://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubntu/ubuntu-maverick.git
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/rich/projects/git/ubuntu-maverick/.git/
fatal: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubntu/ubuntu-maverick.git/info/refs not
found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

Is there a problem with the git server? Or am I doing something
obviously stupid?

--rich

Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Brad Figg

I seem to be having trouble git'ing a copy of the kernel.

rich@sendai> git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubntu/ubuntu-maverick.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/rich/projects/git/ubuntu-maverick/.git/
rich@sendai> git clone http://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubntu/ubuntu-maverick.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/rich/projects/git/ubuntu-maverick/.git/
fatal: http://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubntu/ubuntu-maverick.git/info/refs not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

Is there a problem with the git server? Or am I doing something obviously stupid?

--rich

You are miss-spelling "ubuntu" as "ubntu".

--
Brad Figg brad.figg@canonical.com http://www.canonical.com