Old 11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Andy Whitcroft

Default Flavour Transitions Documentation

During the UDS versions and flavours session[1] it was brought up that
we neither document our Kernel flavours well nor indeed any transitions
between those flavours that may be required. One of the actions
from that session was to remedy this deficiency and as a first stab I
have put together a framework page in Kernel Team[2] wiki. This new
flavours page[3] aims to document both our historical flavours and
the major transitions between them with the supporting reasoning where
that is known. I have also added FAQ entries pointing to this page and
appropriate linkage in the developers pages.

Please review and add any missing information you may know.

-apw

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardware-kernel-n-version-and-flavours
[2] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/Flavours