Old 11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Leann Ogasawara

Default Update to 2.6.32.26+drm33.11 stable release

SRU Justification

Impact:

The upstream process for stable tree updates is quite similar in scope
to the Ubuntu SRU process, e.g., each patch has to demonstrably fix a
bug, and each patch is vetted by upstream by originating either directly
from Linus' tree or in a minimally backported form of that patch. The
2.6.32.26+drm33.11 upstream stable patch set is now available. It should
be included in the Lucid Ubuntu kernel as well.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=summary

Test Case: TBD

The following pull request add's the 2.6.32.26+drm33.11 patch set to the
tip of Lucid master-next (note this does result in an ABI bump):

The following changes since commit 8cb75279955b4f06eedd7cbd5b4f93b08a5857b9:

ipc: shm: fix information leak to userland (2010-11-19 14:01:24 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ogasawara/ubuntu-lucid.git stable-2.6.32.26-drm33.11

A summary of the complete list of patches in the 2.6.32.26+drm33.11
stable release is as follows:

* staging: usbip: Notify usb core of port status changes
* staging: usbip: Process event flags without delay
* powerpc/perf: Fix sampling enable for PPC970
* pcmcia: synclink_cs: fix information leak to userland
* sched: Fix string comparison in /proc/sched_features
* bluetooth: Fix missing NULL check
* futex: Fix errors in nested key ref-counting
* mm, x86: Saving vmcore with non-lazy freeing of vmas
* x86, cpu: Fix renamed, not-yet-shipping AMD CPUID feature bit
* x86, kexec: Make sure to stop all CPUs before exiting the kernel
* x86, olpc: Don't retry EC commands forever
* x86, mtrr: Assume SYS_CFG[Tom2ForceMemTypeWB] exists on all future AMD CPUs
* x86, intr-remap: Set redirection hint in the IRTE
* x86, kdump: Change copy_oldmem_page() to use cached addressing
* KVM: SVM: Fix wrong intercept masks on 32 bit
* KVM: MMU: fix direct sps access corrupted
* KVM: MMU: fix conflict access permissions in direct sp
* KVM: VMX: Fix host GDT.LIMIT corruption
* KVM: SVM: Adjust tsc_offset only if tsc_unstable
* KVM: x86: Fix SVM VMCB reset
* KVM: x86: Move TSC reset out of vmcb_init
* KVM: Fix fs/gs reload oops with invalid ldt
* pipe: fix failure to return error code on ->confirm()
* p54usb: fix off-by-one on !CONFIG_PM
* p54usb: add five more USBIDs
* drivers/net/wireless/p54/eeprom.c: Return -ENOMEM on memory allocation failure
* USB: ftdi_sio: Add PID for accesio products
* USB: add PID for FTDI based OpenDCC hardware
* USB: ftdi_sio: new VID/PIDs for various Papouch devices
* USB: ftdi_sio: add device ids for ScienceScope
* usb: musb: blackfin: call gpio_free() on error path in musb_platform_init()
* USB: option: Add more ZTE modem USB id's
* USB: cp210x: Add Renesas RX-Stick device ID
* USB: cp210x: Add WAGO 750-923 Service Cable device ID
* USB: atmel_usba_udc: force vbus_pin at -EINVAL when gpio_request failled
* USB: disable endpoints after unbinding interfaces, not before
* USB: opticon: Fix long-standing bugs in opticon driver
* USB: accept some invalid ep0-maxpacket values
* sd name space exhaustion causes system hang
* libsas: fix NCQ mixing with non-NCQ
* gdth: integer overflow in ioctl
* Fix race when removing SCSI devices
* Fix regressions in scsi_internal_device_block
* sgi-xp: incoming XPC channel messages can come in after the channel's partition structures have been torn down
* Linux 2.6.32.26

Old 11-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Stefan Bader

On 11/24/2010 10:40 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> [...]
> * USB: ftdi_sio: add device ids for ScienceScope
> * usb: musb: blackfin: call gpio_free() on error path in musb_platform_init()
> * USB: option: Add more ZTE modem USB id's
> * USB: cp210x: Add Renesas RX-Stick device ID
> * USB: cp210x: Add WAGO 750-923 Service Cable device ID
> * USB: atmel_usba_udc: force vbus_pin at -EINVAL when gpio_request failled
> * USB: disable endpoints after unbinding interfaces, not before
> * USB: opticon: Fix long-standing bugs in opticon driver
> * USB: accept some invalid ep0-maxpacket values
> * sd name space exhaustion causes system hang
> * libsas: fix NCQ mixing with non-NCQ
> * gdth: integer overflow in ioctl
> * Fix race when removing SCSI devices
> * Fix regressions in scsi_internal_device_block
> * sgi-xp: incoming XPC channel messages can come in after the channel's partition structures have been torn down

Overall mostly USB and KVM. The x86 changes seem mostly corner cases. There are
a few things (libsas, scsi, sd) that might be useful on servers.

ACK

-Stefan

Old 11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Tim Gardner

On 11/24/2010 02:40 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> [...]
> * USB: ftdi_sio: add device ids for ScienceScope
> * usb: musb: blackfin: call gpio_free() on error path in musb_platform_init()
> * USB: option: Add more ZTE modem USB id's
> * USB: cp210x: Add Renesas RX-Stick device ID
> * USB: cp210x: Add WAGO 750-923 Service Cable device ID
> * USB: atmel_usba_udc: force vbus_pin at -EINVAL when gpio_request failled
> * USB: disable endpoints after unbinding interfaces, not before
> * USB: opticon: Fix long-standing bugs in opticon driver
> * USB: accept some invalid ep0-maxpacket values
> * sd name space exhaustion causes system hang
> * libsas: fix NCQ mixing with non-NCQ
> * gdth: integer overflow in ioctl
> * Fix race when removing SCSI devices
> * Fix regressions in scsi_internal_device_block
> * sgi-xp: incoming XPC channel messages can come in after the channel's partition structures have been torn down

Acked-by: Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>

modulo Ben's comments re: 'KVM: Fix fs/gs reload oops with invalid ldt'
in http://bugs.debian.org/604956. Looks like there is one additional
clean cherry-pick needed (0a77fe4c188e25917799f2356d4aa5e6d80c39a2) plus
a backport of c8770e7ba63bb5dd8fe5f9d251275a8fa717fb78 that Ben has done
in the Debian bug report.

I wonder if the cert tests are covering KVM and/or QEMU functionality?

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Stefan Bader

On 11/29/2010 03:03 PM, Tim Gardner wrote:
> [...]
>> * USB: disable endpoints after unbinding interfaces, not before
>> * USB: opticon: Fix long-standing bugs in opticon driver
>> * USB: accept some invalid ep0-maxpacket values
>> * sd name space exhaustion causes system hang
>> * libsas: fix NCQ mixing with non-NCQ
>> * gdth: integer overflow in ioctl
>> * Fix race when removing SCSI devices
>> * Fix regressions in scsi_internal_device_block
>> * sgi-xp: incoming XPC channel messages can come in after the channel's partition structures have been torn down
>> * Linux 2.6.32.26
>>

> Acked-by: Tim Gardner <tim.gardner@canonical.com>
>
> modulo Ben's comments re: 'KVM: Fix fs/gs reload oops with invalid ldt'
> in http://bugs.debian.org/604956. Looks like there is one additional
> clean cherry-pick needed (0a77fe4c188e25917799f2356d4aa5e6d80c39a2) plus
> a backport of c8770e7ba63bb5dd8fe5f9d251275a8fa717fb78 that Ben has done

Right, hopefully Avi is sufficiently ashamed after Greg publicly reminding him
that there is a reason he is on cc for some mails (so much for maintainers
checking).

> I wonder if the cert tests are covering KVM and/or QEMU functionality?

I would doubt it. Which reminds me that in the past, when we did security
updates touching kvm (but probably on all more central changes) I did a quick
test (booting a live CD on KVM) there and after successfully blowing away some
PPA builders I also made a Hardy server install with Xen dom0 and a domU on it.
I think this would be 2 cases that could be automated (adding Manoj to the cc as
there is this sprint next week).

-Stefan