Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 AM
chao zhang

Default linux uvc MPEG format

Hi,
** I have a camera support H.264 streaming and MJPEG streaming. H264 stream go through the MPEG channel. Linux UVC can not support MPEG format now.
I have modified the codes for H.264 stream interface, and now my ubuntu can mount the H.264 driver. But when i use the mplayer to play the H.264 device(/dev/video1).

It hinted the mplayer can not support this format. i trace the codes and i found that there is no MPEG format in struct builtin_video_codecs.* How could the MPLAYER get data from* the H264 stream device.

Thanks,

Bruce

Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Bryan Wu

Chao,

I'm afraid this is not the right place to ask this question, please
ask it in mplayer's mail list.

Thanks,
-Bryan

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 9:43 AM, chao zhang <blueicewind@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> ** I have a camera support H.264 streaming and MJPEG streaming. H264 stream
> go through the MPEG channel. Linux UVC can not support MPEG format now.
> I have modified the codes for H.264 stream interface, and now my ubuntu can
> mount the H.264 driver. But when i use the mplayer to play the H.264
> device(/dev/video1).
> It hinted the mplayer can not support this format. i trace the codes and i
> found that there is no MPEG format in struct builtin_video_codecs.* How
> could the MPLAYER get data from* the H264 stream device.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Bryan Wu <bryan.wu@canonical.com>
Kernel Developer * *+86.138-1617-6545 Mobile
Ubuntu Kernel Team
Canonical Ltd. * * *www.canonical.com
Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com