Old 11-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Tim Gardner

Default Fwd: Dell PowerEdge R410 ICH10 SATA support in Ubuntu Hardy

I'm surprised that ICH10 works just by enabling the PCI ID.

In order to have this patch considered for inclusion in Hardy you'll
have to follow the SRU process. See

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/StableKernelMaintenance

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 11-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Tim Gardner

Attached is a bundle containing my changes to the ubuntu hardy kernel
repository ( git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy.git
<http://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy.git> ). It adds support
for the ICH10 SATA controller found in the Dell PowerEdge R410 server.

Cheers.

Eric des Courtis

PS: Continue the great work!

I'm surprised that ICH10 works just by enabling the PCI ID.

In order to have this patch considered for inclusion in Hardy you'll
have to follow the SRU process. See

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/StableKernelMaintenance

rtg

Oh, and one more comment. It is the attitude of most upstream developers
that copyright assignment is only granted for patches that change a
substantial amount of code (which this patch does not). Furthermore, I
won't accept a patch with copyright assignment unless it is also
accepted by the original author(s).

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

Old 11-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Eric des Courtis

Tim,
I was suprised as well. If you look at 2.6.26�kernel�(stable) the ICH10 is treated as an ICH8 controller.

Eric

Old 11-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Tim Gardner