Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu Kernel Team (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/)
-   -   Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/445794-lucid-lts-backport-maverick-pull-request.html)

10-29-2010 08:42 PM

Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request
 
The following changes since commit e5bc81156355bc8203a2fb389447f99007ccf0f9:
Brad Figg (1):
UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-23.36

are available in the git repository at:

git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick

Tim Gardner (2):
UBUNTU: [Config] Created LTS backport branch
UBUNTU: Ubuntu-lts-2.6.35-23.36

debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/abiname | 1 +
debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic |11145 +++++++++++++++++++
.../abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic.modules | 2845 +++++
debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server |11155 +++++++++++++++++++
.../abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server.modules | 2839 +++++
debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual |11155 +++++++++++++++++++
.../abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual.modules | 494 +
debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic |11212 +++++++++++++++++++
debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae |11277 ++++++++++++++++++++
.../abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae.modules | 3072 ++++++
.../abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic.modules | 3073 ++++++
debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual |11277 ++++++++++++++++++++
.../abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual.modules | 492 +
debian.maverick/changelog | 4639 ++++++++
debian.maverick/changelog.historical | 4171 ++++++++
debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.common.amd64 | 295 +
.../config/amd64/config.flavour.generic | 18 +
debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.server | 18 +
.../config/amd64/config.flavour.virtual | 18 +
debian.maverick/config/armel/config.common.armel | 132 +
debian.maverick/config/armel/config.flavour.omap | 177 +
.../config/armel/config.flavour.versatile | 177 +
debian.maverick/config/config.common.ports | 4251 ++++++++
debian.maverick/config/config.common.ubuntu | 5051 +++++++++
debian.maverick/config/enforce | 60 +
debian.maverick/config/i386/config.common.i386 | 298 +
debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.generic | 15 +
.../config/i386/config.flavour.generic-pae | 17 +
debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.virtual | 17 +
.../config/powerpc/config.common.powerpc | 3 +
.../config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc | 49 +
.../config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc-smp | 50 +
.../config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc64-smp | 50 +
debian.maverick/control.d/flavour-control.stub | 78 +
debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic | 6 +
debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic-pae | 6 +
debian.maverick/control.d/vars.server | 6 +
debian.maverick/control.d/vars.virtual | 6 +
debian.maverick/control.stub.in | 21 +
debian.maverick/copyright | 29 +
debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/README.txt | 4 +
debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/nic-modules | 10 +
debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/scsi-modules | 3 +
debian.maverick/d-i/kernel-versions.in | 7 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/block-modules | 30 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/char-modules | 1 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/crypto-modules | 8 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fat-modules | 7 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fb-modules | 3 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/firewire-core-modules | 4 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/floppy-modules | 1 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-core-modules | 3 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-secondary-modules | 5 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/input-modules | 21 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/irda-modules | 30 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/md-modules | 13 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/message-modules | 14 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/mouse-modules | 2 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nfs-modules | 4 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-modules | 155 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-pcmcia-modules | 19 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-shared-modules | 22 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-usb-modules | 13 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/parport-modules | 2 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pata-modules | 46 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-modules | 8 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-storage-modules | 6 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/plip-modules | 1 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/ppp-modules | 6 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/sata-modules | 14 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/scsi-modules | 115 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/serial-modules | 3 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/squashfs-modules | 1 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/storage-core-modules | 10 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/usb-modules | 9 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/virtio-modules | 4 +
debian.maverick/d-i/modules/vlan-modules | 3 +
debian.maverick/d-i/package-list | 190 +
debian.maverick/etc/getabis | 9 +
debian.maverick/etc/kernelconfig | 7 +
debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master | 93 +
debian.maverick/rules.d/amd64.mk | 15 +
debian.maverick/rules.d/i386.mk | 15 +
debian/debian.env | 2 +-
84 files changed, 100632 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/abiname
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic.modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server.modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual.modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae.modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic.modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual.modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/perm-blacklist
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/changelog
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/changelog.historical
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.common.amd64
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.generic
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.server
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.virtual
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/armel/config.common.armel
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/armel/config.flavour.omap
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/armel/config.flavour.versatile
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/config.common.ports
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/config.common.ubuntu
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/enforce
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.common.i386
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.generic
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.generic-pae
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.virtual
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.common.powerpc
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc-smp
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc64-smp
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/flavour-control.stub
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic-pae
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.server
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.virtual
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.stub.in
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/copyright
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/README.txt
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/nic-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/scsi-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/kernel-versions.in
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/block-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/char-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/crypto-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fat-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fb-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/firewire-core-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/floppy-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-core-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-secondary-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/input-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/irda-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/md-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/message-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/mouse-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nfs-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-pcmcia-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-shared-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-usb-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/parport-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pata-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-storage-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/plip-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/ppp-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/sata-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/scsi-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/serial-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/squashfs-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/storage-core-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/usb-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/virtio-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/vlan-modules
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/package-list
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/etc/getabis
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/etc/kernelconfig
create mode 100755 debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/rules.d/amd64.mk
create mode 100644 debian.maverick/rules.d/i386.mk

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team

Leann Ogasawara 11-01-2010 04:26 PM

Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request
 
On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:42 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> The following changes since commit e5bc81156355bc8203a2fb389447f99007ccf0f9:
> Brad Figg (1):
> UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-23.36
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick

Despite the Subject and above git repo indicating this should be applied
to the Lucid repo, it seems Lucid already has an lts-backport-maverick
branch. Looking at the actual patches in the pull request, it seems the
patches apply to Maverick? Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,
Leann

> Tim Gardner (2):
> UBUNTU: [Config] Created LTS backport branch
> UBUNTU: Ubuntu-lts-2.6.35-23.36
>
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/abiname | 1 +
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic |11145 +++++++++++++++++++
> .../abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic.modules | 2845 +++++
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server |11155 +++++++++++++++++++
> .../abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server.modules | 2839 +++++
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual |11155 +++++++++++++++++++
> .../abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual.modules | 494 +
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic |11212 +++++++++++++++++++
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae |11277 ++++++++++++++++++++
> .../abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae.modules | 3072 ++++++
> .../abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic.modules | 3073 ++++++
> debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual |11277 ++++++++++++++++++++
> .../abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual.modules | 492 +
> debian.maverick/changelog | 4639 ++++++++
> debian.maverick/changelog.historical | 4171 ++++++++
> debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.common.amd64 | 295 +
> .../config/amd64/config.flavour.generic | 18 +
> debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.server | 18 +
> .../config/amd64/config.flavour.virtual | 18 +
> debian.maverick/config/armel/config.common.armel | 132 +
> debian.maverick/config/armel/config.flavour.omap | 177 +
> .../config/armel/config.flavour.versatile | 177 +
> debian.maverick/config/config.common.ports | 4251 ++++++++
> debian.maverick/config/config.common.ubuntu | 5051 +++++++++
> debian.maverick/config/enforce | 60 +
> debian.maverick/config/i386/config.common.i386 | 298 +
> debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.generic | 15 +
> .../config/i386/config.flavour.generic-pae | 17 +
> debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.virtual | 17 +
> .../config/powerpc/config.common.powerpc | 3 +
> .../config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc | 49 +
> .../config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc-smp | 50 +
> .../config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc64-smp | 50 +
> debian.maverick/control.d/flavour-control.stub | 78 +
> debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic | 6 +
> debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic-pae | 6 +
> debian.maverick/control.d/vars.server | 6 +
> debian.maverick/control.d/vars.virtual | 6 +
> debian.maverick/control.stub.in | 21 +
> debian.maverick/copyright | 29 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/README.txt | 4 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/nic-modules | 10 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/scsi-modules | 3 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/kernel-versions.in | 7 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/block-modules | 30 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/char-modules | 1 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/crypto-modules | 8 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fat-modules | 7 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fb-modules | 3 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/firewire-core-modules | 4 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/floppy-modules | 1 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-core-modules | 3 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-secondary-modules | 5 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/input-modules | 21 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/irda-modules | 30 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/md-modules | 13 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/message-modules | 14 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/mouse-modules | 2 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nfs-modules | 4 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-modules | 155 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-pcmcia-modules | 19 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-shared-modules | 22 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-usb-modules | 13 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/parport-modules | 2 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pata-modules | 46 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-modules | 8 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-storage-modules | 6 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/plip-modules | 1 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/ppp-modules | 6 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/sata-modules | 14 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/scsi-modules | 115 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/serial-modules | 3 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/squashfs-modules | 1 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/storage-core-modules | 10 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/usb-modules | 9 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/virtio-modules | 4 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/modules/vlan-modules | 3 +
> debian.maverick/d-i/package-list | 190 +
> debian.maverick/etc/getabis | 9 +
> debian.maverick/etc/kernelconfig | 7 +
> debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master | 93 +
> debian.maverick/rules.d/amd64.mk | 15 +
> debian.maverick/rules.d/i386.mk | 15 +
> debian/debian.env | 2 +-
> 84 files changed, 100632 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/abiname
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/generic.modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/server.modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/amd64/virtual.modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic-pae.modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/generic.modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/2.6.35-22.35/i386/virtual.modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/abi/perm-blacklist
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/changelog
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/changelog.historical
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.common.amd64
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.generic
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.server
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/amd64/config.flavour.virtual
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/armel/config.common.armel
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/armel/config.flavour.omap
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/armel/config.flavour.versatile
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/config.common.ports
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/config.common.ubuntu
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/enforce
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.common.i386
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.generic
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.generic-pae
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/i386/config.flavour.virtual
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.common.powerpc
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc-smp
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/config/powerpc/config.flavour.powerpc64-smp
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/flavour-control.stub
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.generic-pae
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.server
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.d/vars.virtual
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/control.stub.in
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/copyright
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/README.txt
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/nic-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/firmware/scsi-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/kernel-versions.in
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/block-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/char-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/crypto-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fat-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fb-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/firewire-core-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/floppy-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-core-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/fs-secondary-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/input-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/irda-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/md-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/message-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/mouse-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nfs-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-pcmcia-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-shared-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/nic-usb-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/parport-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pata-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/pcmcia-storage-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/plip-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/ppp-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/sata-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/scsi-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/serial-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/squashfs-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/storage-core-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/usb-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/virtio-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/modules/vlan-modules
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/d-i/package-list
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/etc/getabis
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/etc/kernelconfig
> create mode 100755 debian.maverick/etc/update-from-maverick-master
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/rules.d/amd64.mk
> create mode 100644 debian.maverick/rules.d/i386.mk
>



--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team

Tim Gardner 11-01-2010 04:58 PM

Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request
 
On 11/01/2010 01:26 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:42 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> The following changes since commit e5bc81156355bc8203a2fb389447f99007ccf0f9:
>> Brad Figg (1):
>> UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-23.36
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
>
> Despite the Subject and above git repo indicating this should be applied
> to the Lucid repo, it seems Lucid already has an lts-backport-maverick
> branch. Looking at the actual patches in the pull request, it seems the
> patches apply to Maverick? Is my understanding correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Leann

It's not really clear from the pull request I guess, but this really
does apply to the lts-backports-maverick branch in Lucid (unless I've
really messed something up).

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team

Leann Ogasawara 11-01-2010 06:56 PM

Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request
 
On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 13:58 -0400, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 11/01/2010 01:26 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:42 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> >> The following changes since commit e5bc81156355bc8203a2fb389447f99007ccf0f9:
> >> Brad Figg (1):
> >> UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-23.36
> >>
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >>
> >> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
> >
> > Despite the Subject and above git repo indicating this should be applied
> > to the Lucid repo, it seems Lucid already has an lts-backport-maverick
> > branch. Looking at the actual patches in the pull request, it seems the
> > patches apply to Maverick? Is my understanding correct?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Leann
>
> It's not really clear from the pull request I guess, but this really
> does apply to the lts-backports-maverick branch in Lucid (unless I've
> really messed something up).

Hrm, I can't seem to get this to apply cleanly to the current Lucid
lts-backport-maverick branch. The following two commits are already at
the tip of the current Lucid lts-backport-maverick branch:

d295edc9c59595a15affce38d93e8f5d4ac14249 UBUNTU: Ubuntu-lts-2.6.35-22.34
9afeecbc176baaa5fabce2f155f6a488c3cca1a6 UBUNTU: [Config] Created LTS backport branch

So it seems something isn't quite right with the pull request as it's
again trying to create the LTS backport branch which already exists. Or
are you expecting a hard reset to FETCH_HEAD instead?

Thanks,
Leann


--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team

Tim Gardner 11-01-2010 07:57 PM

Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request
 
On 11/01/2010 03:56 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 13:58 -0400, Tim Gardner wrote:
>> On 11/01/2010 01:26 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
>>> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:42 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
>>>> The following changes since commit e5bc81156355bc8203a2fb389447f99007ccf0f9:
>>>> Brad Figg (1):
>>>> UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-23.36
>>>>
>>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>>
>>>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
>>>
>>> Despite the Subject and above git repo indicating this should be applied
>>> to the Lucid repo, it seems Lucid already has an lts-backport-maverick
>>> branch. Looking at the actual patches in the pull request, it seems the
>>> patches apply to Maverick? Is my understanding correct?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Leann
>>
>> It's not really clear from the pull request I guess, but this really
>> does apply to the lts-backports-maverick branch in Lucid (unless I've
>> really messed something up).
>
> Hrm, I can't seem to get this to apply cleanly to the current Lucid
> lts-backport-maverick branch. The following two commits are already at
> the tip of the current Lucid lts-backport-maverick branch:
>
> d295edc9c59595a15affce38d93e8f5d4ac14249 UBUNTU: Ubuntu-lts-2.6.35-22.34
> 9afeecbc176baaa5fabce2f155f6a488c3cca1a6 UBUNTU: [Config] Created LTS backport branch
>
> So it seems something isn't quite right with the pull request as it's
> again trying to create the LTS backport branch which already exists. Or
> are you expecting a hard reset to FETCH_HEAD instead?
>
> Thanks,
> Leann
>

Oh, right. You've pointed out a couple of deficiencies (or unwitting
assumptions I've made). This really isn't a merge or pull request,
rather you'll need to reset hard to FETCH_HEAD since this branch is
always a total rebase.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@canonical.com

--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team

Leann Ogasawara 11-01-2010 09:25 PM

Lucid lts-backport-maverick Pull request
 
On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 16:57 -0400, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 11/01/2010 03:56 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 13:58 -0400, Tim Gardner wrote:
> >> On 11/01/2010 01:26 PM, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> >>> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 14:42 -0600, Tim Gardner wrote:
> >>>> The following changes since commit e5bc81156355bc8203a2fb389447f99007ccf0f9:
> >>>> Brad Figg (1):
> >>>> UBUNTU: Ubuntu-2.6.35-23.36
> >>>>
> >>>> are available in the git repository at:
> >>>>
> >>>> git://kernel.ubuntu.com/rtg/ubuntu-lucid.git lts-backport-maverick
> >>>
> >>> Despite the Subject and above git repo indicating this should be applied
> >>> to the Lucid repo, it seems Lucid already has an lts-backport-maverick
> >>> branch. Looking at the actual patches in the pull request, it seems the
> >>> patches apply to Maverick? Is my understanding correct?
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Leann
> >>
> >> It's not really clear from the pull request I guess, but this really
> >> does apply to the lts-backports-maverick branch in Lucid (unless I've
> >> really messed something up).
> >
> > Hrm, I can't seem to get this to apply cleanly to the current Lucid
> > lts-backport-maverick branch. The following two commits are already at
> > the tip of the current Lucid lts-backport-maverick branch:
> >
> > d295edc9c59595a15affce38d93e8f5d4ac14249 UBUNTU: Ubuntu-lts-2.6.35-22.34
> > 9afeecbc176baaa5fabce2f155f6a488c3cca1a6 UBUNTU: [Config] Created LTS backport branch
> >
> > So it seems something isn't quite right with the pull request as it's
> > again trying to create the LTS backport branch which already exists. Or
> > are you expecting a hard reset to FETCH_HEAD instead?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Leann
> >
>
> Oh, right. You've pointed out a couple of deficiencies (or unwitting
> assumptions I've made). This really isn't a merge or pull request,
> rather you'll need to reset hard to FETCH_HEAD since this branch is
> always a total rebase.

Ack. Looks good to me then.

Acked-by: Leann Ogasawara <leann.ogasawara@canonical.com>



--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.