FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Kernel Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Colin King
 
Default SRU: Restore video from S3 resume on Sandybridge

From: Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com>

BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/663442

SRU Justification:

Impact: Resuming from S3 on Sandybridge laptops results in a blank display
and no video.

Fix: Attached 5 patches restore fence registers correctly, align the display
surface so to avoid tiling corruption and correctly check for sandybrige
chipset in resume path.

Testcase: Without the patches, resume from S3 results in a blank display with
no video being displayed. With the patches, S3 can be run multiple times and
video is restored correctly on each resume.

Chris Wilson (5):
drm/i915: Silence sparse over duplicate members in static initializer
drm/i915: Use 128k alignment for untiled display surface on i965 (v2)
drm/i915: Include a generation number in the device info
drm/i915: Fix Sandybridge fence registers
drm/i915/suspend: s/IS_IRONLAKE/HAS_PCH_SPLIT/

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.c | 61 +++++++++-----------
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h | 31 +++-------
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c | 37 ++++++++----
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_suspend.c | 106 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c | 7 ++-
5 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 112 deletions(-)


--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Leann Ogasawara
 
Default SRU: Restore video from S3 resume on Sandybridge

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 20:03 +0100, Colin King wrote:
> From: Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com>
>
> BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/663442
>
> SRU Justification:
>
> Impact: Resuming from S3 on Sandybridge laptops results in a blank display
> and no video.
>
> Fix: Attached 5 patches restore fence registers correctly, align the display
> surface so to avoid tiling corruption and correctly check for sandybrige
> chipset in resume path.
>
> Testcase: Without the patches, resume from S3 results in a blank display with
> no video being displayed. With the patches, S3 can be run multiple times and
> video is restored correctly on each resume.
>
> Chris Wilson (5):
> drm/i915: Silence sparse over duplicate members in static initializer

* upstream commit 2d3fa0de689e1a53fdfc3db50732b62e58d0ca6b

> drm/i915: Use 128k alignment for untiled display surface on i965 (v2)

* upstream commit 534843dabf79da40561148764916e1b2e6bbcebe

> drm/i915: Include a generation number in the device info

* upstream commit c96c3a8cb7fadcb33d9a5ebe35fcee8b7d0a7946

> drm/i915: Fix Sandybridge fence registers

* upstream commit e259befd9013e212648c3bd4f6f1fbf92d0dd51d, CC'd to
stable

> drm/i915/suspend: s/IS_IRONLAKE/HAS_PCH_SPLIT/

* upstream commit 90eb77baaea35c591bd324b31e9eac032bd603c9

> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.c | 61 +++++++++-----------
> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_drv.h | 31 +++-------
> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem.c | 37 ++++++++----
> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_suspend.c | 106 ++++++++++++++++++++--------------
> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c | 7 ++-
> 5 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 112 deletions(-)

The 5 patches are officially upstream, one of which is already CC'd to
stable. The patches have been fully tested and confirmed to resolve the
resume issue. They look reasonable for the most part, but I'd give this
a medium risk of regression as they do touch a commonly used i915
driver. It's also my understanding that the resume from suspend issue
fixed by these patches is a regression which was introduced when we
applied a patch [1] for bug 602281. It'd be good to let these bake in
-proposed for a bit.

Acked-by: Leann Ogasawara <leann.ogasawara@canonical.com>

Thanks,
Leann

[1] commit 9a850554ee3f48334574a17d08d584c0d23ebcad
Author: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org>
Date: Fri Aug 13 15:11:26 2010 -0700

drm/i915: fix VGA plane disable for Ironlake+

BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/602281


--
kernel-team mailing list
kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kernel-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:04 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org