Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Stefan Bader

Default Preparing the next drm33 stable update

I started queuing up drm patches for doing a stable update to the drm33 tree
(which eventually should go into Lucid). Right now there are 4 relatively
straight forward changes that went into .32.y and .35.y, the on that Ben pointed
out and another one that fixes a somewhat nasty bug reported to us. This last
one is a bit more intrusive but looks more or less ok from glancing at it and it
feels like regressions should be quite obvious, if they happen.
Any comments as well as nominations for other drm patches are welcome.

-Stefan

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-next

Old 10-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Ben Hutchings

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 16:16 +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:
> I started queuing up drm patches for doing a stable update to the drm33 tree
> (which eventually should go into Lucid). Right now there are 4 relatively
> straight forward changes that went into .32.y and .35.y, the on that Ben pointed
> out and another one that fixes a somewhat nasty bug reported to us. This last
> one is a bit more intrusive but looks more or less ok from glancing at it and it
> feels like regressions should be quite obvious, if they happen.
> Any comments as well as nominations for other drm patches are welcome.
>
> -Stefan
>
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-next

We have a few additional fixes which I'll send as replies to this:

drm/i915: disable FBC when more than one pipe is active (Closes: #589077)
radeon: Fix MacBook Pro connector quirk (Closes: #585943)
nouveau: Fix fbcon corruption with font width not divisible by 8 (Closes: #583162)

I also intend to apply these radeon changes from Alex Deucher once Linus
has pulled them: <http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/pll_fixes/>. The
Debian bug report is #597358.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings

Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Stefan Bader

On 10/13/2010 04:32 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 16:16 +0200, Stefan Bader wrote:
>> I started queuing up drm patches for doing a stable update to the drm33 tree
>> (which eventually should go into Lucid). Right now there are 4 relatively
>> straight forward changes that went into .32.y and .35.y, the on that Ben pointed
>> out and another one that fixes a somewhat nasty bug reported to us. This last
>> one is a bit more intrusive but looks more or less ok from glancing at it and it
>> feels like regressions should be quite obvious, if they happen.
>> Any comments as well as nominations for other drm patches are welcome.
>>
>> -Stefan
>>
>> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=smb/linux-2.6.32.y-drm33.z.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-next
>
> We have a few additional fixes which I'll send as replies to this:
>
> drm/i915: disable FBC when more than one pipe is active (Closes: #589077)
> radeon: Fix MacBook Pro connector quirk (Closes: #585943)
> nouveau: Fix fbcon corruption with font width not divisible by 8 (Closes: #583162)
>
> I also intend to apply these radeon changes from Alex Deucher once Linus
> has pulled them: <http://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/pll_fixes/>. The
> Debian bug report is #597358.
>
> Ben.

I am a bit concerned about the pll_fixes. Overall it seems to simplify things
quite a bit but it modifies a large portion of code which effects basically all
calculations and that feels a bit scary. I would rather wait a bit, even when
those have hit Linus tree and maybe it makes sense to ask for Alex opinion on
the suitability as stable material.

Stefan

Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Stefan Bader