-   -   (pre-stable) ALSA: HDA: Correctly apply position_fix quirks for ATI and VIA controllers (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/438706-pre-stable-alsa-hda-correctly-apply-position_fix-quirks-ati-via-controllers.html)

David Henningsson 10-12-2010 11:41 AM

(pre-stable) ALSA: HDA: Correctly apply position_fix quirks for ATI and VIA controllers

BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/465942
BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/580749
BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/587546

SRU Justification:

Impact: Without the patch, crackling or suddenly disappearing audio on
some laptops.

Fix: Accepted into Takashi's tree today. The attached patch is a
backported version for 2.6.32 and 2.6.35 trees. It has also been sent to
stable@kernel.org.

Testcase: Apply the patch and make sure audio is working. Testing for
half an hour or so should be enough.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic

David Henningsson 10-12-2010 11:42 AM

(pre-stable) ALSA: HDA: Correctly apply position_fix quirks for ATI and VIA controllers

BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/465942
BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/580749
BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/587546

(The only difference between this mail and the previous one is the
subject line)

Stefan Bader 10-12-2010 03:06 PM

On 10/12/2010 06:09 PM, Brad Figg wrote:
> On 10/12/2010 04:42 AM, David Henningsson wrote:
>> BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/465942
>> BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/580749
>> BugLink: http://launchpad.net/bugs/587546
>>
>> (The only difference between this mail and the previous one is the subject line)
>>
>> SRU Justification:
>>
>> Impact: Without the patch, crackling or suddenly disappearing audio on some laptops.
>>
>> Fix: Accepted into Takashi's tree today. The attached patch is a backported version for 2.6.32 and 2.6.35 trees. It has also been sent to stable@kernel.org.
>>
>> Testcase: Apply the patch and make sure audio is working. Testing for half an hour or so should be enough.
>>

> Small and contained. Been accepted upstream, looks good to me.
>
> Acked-by: Brad Figg <brad.figg@canonical.com>

Agreed

Acked-by: Stefan Bader <stefan.bader@canonical.com>

Brad Figg 10-12-2010 04:09 PM